Last Updated on December 5, 2022 by Suzy
This list was mostly made by our now nearly 9-year-old when he was 7. I have added a few myself afterwards but these are mostly his ideas and I feel they work pretty well for just about all ages.
This is a UK-based list of all the ultimate summer bucket list things to do with your kids. Chris Evans once said that you shouldn’t go abroad until you’ve explored all that the UK has to offer. Now I’m sure he doesn’t stand by this but he does have a point.
We’ve tried to keep this as outdoors-based as much as possible. Let’s try not to spend the summer indoors, even if it rains.
- Bake a Cake
- Create a Family scrapbook
- Decorate Biscuits
- Feed ducks somewhere
- Fly a Kite
- Go Boating
- Go Bug Hunting
- Go Canoeing
- Go Glamping or to a Caravan Park
- Go Crabbing
- Go on a Trail somewhere
- Go on a Treasure Hunt with clues
- Go on lots of walks
- Go Paddling
- Go Swimming and have cake after
- Go to the Beach: There is so much to do and enjoy at the beach. On our list we have: Dig a hole, build a sandcastle, paddle in the water and body board. Plus have a ride on a donkey, take the metal detector and eat some fish and chips.
- Have a movie night with home-made pizza and popcorn
- Pick Fruit
- Make Ice-Cream/lollies
- Play in the Sprinklers or a Paddling pool
- Play Mini Golf / Crazy Golf
- Put up a Tent in the Back Garden
- Ride on a tourist Train
- See animals at a Zoo or Farm Park
- Take a Picnic somewhere full of treats
- Visit an Ice-Cream Parlour
- Visit a National Trust Property
- Visit a Splash park or outdoor paddling pool
- Visit a Stately Home with a Big Outdoor Playground
- Visit an English Heritage property
- Visit somewhere we’ve been meaning to go to for ages
I’ve left a couple blank for you to add your own.
Click on the image below for a Printable Checklist
Where will our Summer for 2023 take us
We have lots planned for this summer.
We have a birthday trip planned for our son with a week at Niagara Falls, Canada. Closely followed by something we are hoping happens but I can’t yet announce. We then have around 18 days based at home where we will be going for bike rides, visiting the beach, walking, trying out some watersports and more.
To finish off the summer holidays we are heading to Efteling in the Netherlands.
For even more Family Bucket list ideas why not check out our ultimate bucket list with over 400 ideas?