I have updated our summer bucket list for 2021. This list is a bit more realistic for the current climate. I hope you all have a happy and safe summer creating memories that we all deserve.
This list was mostly made by our now nearly 7-year-old. I have added a few myself afterwards but these are mostly his ideas and I feel they work pretty well for just about all ages.
This is a UK based list of all the ultimate summer bucket list things to do with your kids. Chris Evans once said that you shouldn’t go abroad until you’d explored all that the UK has to offer. Now I’m sure he doesn’t stand by this but he does have a point.
We have broken up for summer today on the 10th of July. Summer runs until the 23rd September. Let’s see how many we can get ticked off. Are you going to join us? We’ve tried to keep this as outdoors based as much as possible. Let’s try not to spend the summer indoors, even if it rains.
- Bake a Cake
- Create a Family scrapbook
- Decorate Biscuits
- Feed ducks somewhere
- Fly a Kite
- Go Boating
- Go Bug Hunting
- Go Canoeing
- Go Glamping or to a Caravan Park
- Go Crabbing
- Go on a Trail somewhere
- Go on a Treasure Hunt with clues
- Go on lots of walks
- Go Paddling
- Go Swimming and have cake after
- Go to the Beach: There is so much to do and enjoy at the beach. On our list we have: Dig a hole, build a sandcastle, paddle in the water and body board. Plus have a ride on a donkey, take the metal detector and eat some fish and chips.
- Have a movie night with home-made pizza and popcorn
- Pick Fruit
- Make Ice-Cream/lollies
- Play in the Sprinklers or a Paddling pool
- Play Mini Golf / Crazy Golf
- Put up a Tent in the Back Garden
- Ride on a tourist Train
- See animals at a Zoo or Farm Park
- Take a Picnic somewhere full of treats
- Visit an Ice-Cream Parlour
- Visit a National Trust Property
- Visit a Splash park or outdoor paddling pool
- Visit a Stately Home with a Big Outdoor Playground
- Visit an English Heritage property
- Visit somewhere we’ve been meaning to go to for ages
I’ve left a couple blank for you to add your own.
Click on the image below for a Printable Checklist
Where will our Summer for 2021 take us
We have lots planned for this summer. We are going to stay as safe as we possibly can while living life to the max. This summer you will be able to keep up with us on Instagram and Facebook stories.
We will be heading to Chester to visit Chester Zoo, Bewilderwood and The Ice Cream Farm.
Then on to Knowsley for a surprise giraffe experience for our son’s birthday.
We will be spending a week in North Yorkshire with my Mum where we have LOADS planned.
Then we are heading to Kynren for 1 night (so excited about this)
My son and I will be glamping near Scarborough and we have a fishing holiday also booked in. PLUS plenty of days out and seeing family and friends. I can’t wait.
For even more Family Bucket list ideas why not check out our ultimate bucket list with over 400 ideas?